The dress code of Box Hill Golf Club applies to those wishing to play on the course or use the practice facilities. If a member or guest is not appropriately attired, they will be asked to change, purchase suitable attire or be denied access to the course. The dress code policy applies equally to all members, guests of members, green fee-, social- and trade day players.
Players must wear golf shoes with non-metal soft spikes to minimise any potential damage to the golf course. Take special care when the course is affected by water as conditions on creek banks and slopes may become slippery. Players are not permitted to wear runners or other non-golf shoes during play, including practice.
Traditional golf attire is required of all golfers:
- Traditional golf attire includes collared polo shirts or golf shirts with regular, mock or crew neck collars.
- No clothing with offensive phrases or graphics will be allowed.
- Socks must be worn in the function room and restaurant.
- Sweaters including turtleneck, mock turtleneck, crew neck or V-neck are acceptable.
- Muscle shirts, t-shirts, tank-tops, tube-tops or halter-tops are not permitted.
- Tailored pants are preferable. Neat and tidy cargo-style shorts are acceptable on the course and in the members lounge. Shorts and pants must be of a style designed to be worn with a belt and have a zipper.
- Neat and tidy denim is permitted in the members lounge, gaming room and restaurant, but not on the golf course.
- All golfers must wear socks on the course. It is preferred that socks are predominantly white if worn with shorts or skirts, ankle style socks are permitted.
For stunning views, professional service and timeless elegance for their next event or function, Residents from all across Melbourne including areas like Ashwood, Blackburn, Box Hill, Burwood, Camberwell, Eastern Suburbs, Glen Iris, Glen Waverley, Hawthorn, Ringwood, Surrey Hills & more can call us 03 9808 1526 for bookings.