CoachingGolf Lessons and Coaching in Melbourne
For friendly and accessible golf lessons in Melbourne, take a look at the many coaching options available at Box Hill Golf Club, including junior, men’s, ladies and beginner golf.
Junior Coaching Program
Our junior golf program has three tiers, each level having a corresponding colour to represent the different abilities. At the end of each session, the kids will attempt a skills challenge to assess their current ability. We use these assessments to help measure their improvement over time. It will give everyone the knowledge of what coaching and practice will be required to move up to the next level.
Junior Holiday Program
There will be a junior coaching clinics running through most school holidays aimed at those looking to begin playing or those who have just started. The program is open to anyone between the ages of 8 and 16.
Ladies Beginner Programs
Box Hill Golf Club runs beginner programs twice a year for anyone interested in playing golf. We understand that golf can be quite intimidating for a beginner golfer, that’s why we have devised a program which can take you all the way from complete beginner to a confident golfer. Following Golf Victoria’s program of Give Golf A Go, these beginner clinics are a great way to meet new golfing friends while in a fun atmosphere. Click here to see further information on our player progression pathway email James Hull to find out more details of the upcoming level 1 and level 2 courses.
On course playing lessons can be a great way to learn how to play shots out during battle. Any one of our 3 Golf Professionals are available to take you out for either 9 or 18 hole playing lesson.
- 9 Holes $165
- 18 Holes $325
Box Hill is fortunate enough to have 3 Certified PGA Professionals who are all excellent coaches. All are available most days of the week and are accomplished club fitters as well.
- Half Hour Private lesson $60
- One Hour Private lesson $105
- One Hour Lesson (2 People) $120
- One Hour Lesson (3 People) $130
- 5 x Half Hour lessons $300 BONUS: receive a free half hour lesson
- 5 x One Hour lessons $525 BONUS: receive a free one hour lesson
Click here to view different coaching options
HALF DAY COACHING
We are introducing a new coaching concept for all those who are looking to take their game to a new level – Half Day Coaching. Spend 4 hours with one of our coaches and we will look at your long game, short game and play 9 holes with you.
This a great way for you to have an intense training session and then take what you have learned onto the course and put it into action with some help from your coach.
Great Value at $325
Programs and Tips
Links to videos
The dress code of the Golf Club applies to those wishing to play on the course or use the practice facilities. If a Member or guest is not appropriately attired, they will be asked to change, purchase suitable attire or be denied access to the course.
What people wear at the Club has a direct bearing on Box Hill’s reputation and public image. It is important that Members and guests dress appropriately. The Dress Code policy applies equally to all Members, guests of Members, Green Fee, Social and trade day players.
Players must wear golf shoes with spikes, to minimise damage to the course. Take special care when the course is affected by water as conditions on creek banks and slopes may become slippery. Players are not permitted to wear runners or other non-golf shoes during play, including practice.
Traditional golf attire is required of all golfers.
Please note the following:
- Traditional golf attire includes collared polo shirts or golf shirts with regular, mock or crew neck collars.
- No clothing with offensive phrases or graphics will be allowed.
- Socks must be worn in the function room and restaurant.
- Sweaters including turtleneck, mock turtleneck, crew neck or V-neck are acceptable.
- Muscle shirts, t-shirts, tank-tops, tube-tops or halter-tops are not permitted.
- Tailored pants are preferable. Neat and tidy cargo style shorts are acceptable on the course and in the Members Lounge. Shorts and pants to be of a style designed to be worn with a belt and have a zipper.
- Neat and tidy denim is permitted in the Members Lounge, Gaming Room and Restaurant, but not on course.
- All golfers must wear socks on the course. Socks (including anklet style) must predominantly be white if worn with shorts or skirts.
- Neat sandals (not thongs) and suitable shoes may be worn without socks in the Spike Bar and on course surrounds.
- Track pants, gym shorts, cut-off shorts, beachwear, tear-away pants, football shorts, jogging pants or shorts, track suits, cycling shorts, or spandex shorts or pants are not permitted on the course (including practice areas) or in the Member’s Lounge, Function Room or restaurant.
- Hats to be worn as the manufacturer intended and not in the Clubhouse.
- The General Manager, all Senior Staff, all Golf Shop Staff, Marshals on duty and Match Committee may refuse access to the Course and Clubhouse to anyone that they believe does not meet the intent of this dress code.